Bankruptcy Credit Repair - Ignoring Your Credit After Discharge Can Cost You


It's no secret that after bankruptcy credit repair will consist of rebuilding your credit. By that I mean applying for secured credit cards to re-establish your credit worthiness and get to the point where you can take an unsecured credit account, again. There are companies that offer unsecured credit cards right out of bankruptcy but you'll pay for it. The point is that there is more to getting your credit score up than just applying for credit and showing you're worthy again.

Cheap Bankruptcy Lawyer, Low Cost Bankruptcy Lawyers, General Motors Bankruptcy,

I for example, had many accounts that were discharged. One thing that I mistakenly assumed when I was discharged was that all my accounts would be updated and they would report correctly on my report. That wasn't the case. After bankruptcy credit repair, for me consisted more on making sure accounts were either deleted, if I could get then to do it or at the very least report correctly. Many did update and showed as included in bankruptcy but others were not updated. I was patient and waited about 6 months after the discharge to see if they would update but nothing was happening. I was getting impatient and started working on it.

By then I had already taken a secured credit card and was working on that side of my credit. For me, after bankruptcy credit repair started getting a little tricky when I realized that a deletion was much more beneficial to me than a correction to an account. At first I didn't know how to approach it so I looked into credit repair programs that could help. Another option, I was open to was having it done by a credit repair firm or attorney but I really wanted to avoid any further cost.

I'm glad I didn't ignore my credit after bankruptcy. Credit repair is something everyone who files bankruptcy should consider if the information isn't being reported properly. Removing all that you can is best but having it corrected is the next best thing. You have all the documentation you need with your filing so it wont be to difficult to contact the collection companies and have them report accurately. Your credit reports recovery will take much longer if you just wait for those erroneous accounts to fall out in 7 to 10 years.


Cincinnati Bankruptcy Lawyer

Is Bankruptcy Right For You? Talk to Bankruptcy Attorneys Free and Confidential. Licensed bankruptcy attorneys are available. Attorneys will call you to discuss your case for free. Find out if bankruptcy is right for your situation.

Rating of Cincinnati Bankruptcy Lawyer




Get Online Application at online Bankruptcy Lawyer.

0 comments:

Post a Comment